Children's play corner : How to welcome your customers' children in your store?
Children’s play corner
As a retailer, whether you run a clothing store, a bookstore, a pharmacy, a hair salon, etc., you regularly welcome children into your store.
When they feel uncomfortable, children can have reactions that are often misunderstood by adults. The fact is that children’s impatience can sometimes put a strain on their parents or caregivers. The attitude of toddlers can cause embarrassment to parents and other customers. As soon as they arrive, the customer will want to leave…
It would therefore be an interesting idea to set up a children’s play corner in the shops!
You know what? We have a great solution that your customers and their kids are sure to love 😉 !
The Drawin’table at an Optician (France)
Children's play corner : A space adapted to children
Offering them the opportunity to be entertained in your store can have multiple benefits:
- Comforting children with a Kids Friendly environment, where they feel welcome, making the wait enjoyable,
- Bring peace and serenity to your customers,
- Increase the time spent in the store by families,
- Finally, give a good image of your store.
Forget about the plastic toys that are scattered on the floor of the store. The same goes for electronic games, especially since customers can be disturbed by these noisy games.
A calm and timeless activity is preferred: drawing!
A “Kids Friendly” space is a place where the child will feel at home. Here, the drawing table is a real best-seller among individuals because it meets all the criteria:
- Timeless activities, loved by children: drawing and coloring
- A nice trendy and Scandinavian design
- A welcoming and functional piece of furniture
A Scandinavian design drawing table: 2 versions available depending on the space
The table in a Bookshop (France)
The XXL version of the table in a Tourist Office (France)
The table exists in 2 different versions:
- A Home Edition table with a diameter of 70 cm for small spaces: it can still accommodate up to 4 children.
- An XXL Edition table with a diameter of 90 cm for play areas: it can accommodate up to 6 children.
The table is a piece of furniture adapted to their height, available to toddlers, as well as older children.
The Drawin’table is a birch wood drawing table, multifunctional, designed at child height. It is particularly suitable for children aged 2 to 6 years (even more!)
And visually it immediately attracts children, because of its round and welcoming shape, and its design so singular!
With a height of 48 cm, the table is available and reassuring: the child understands immediately that this piece of furniture is reserved for him. Instinctively, he will take a seat on one of the stools and pick up a colored pencil to color.
Pastels, colored pencils, felt pens, chalk or even velleda: it is a whole range of accessories that children can use on the coloring table.
The Drawin’table offers several supports:
- A reversible tray on the chalk side / velleda side: we let our imagination run free, we create and hop, we erase! And we start again…
- White or themed sheets: coloring cartoon characters or beautiful colorings of nature or animals! There is something for everyone.
- Eco-Responsible and Anti-Waste : Thanks to the thickness of the sheets (200gr/m2), children can draw and color on both sides of the sheet, without risk of transparency. Our sheets are PEFC certified (Program for the Endorsement of Forest Certification), which means that they come from sustainably managed forests and controlled sources.
A unique know-how
The Drawin’table and the stools are made in Latvia. We are proud to work in a factory, family, which has put its know-how but also its skills to develop the Drawin’table and its ingenious system. Thus the Drawin’table is assembled without nails or screws. The wood we have selected for production is a birch wood, premium quality.
All our furniture complies with the safety requirements for children’s furniture: NF EN 71-3 and NF D60-300.
An eco-responsible commitment…
The sheets are printed in France near the Drawin’kids warehouse, near Nantes. All our sheets are labeled PEFC, the paper is from sustainably managed forests).
… and solidary !
Within the framework of a CSR commitment, the sheets are then put in cardboard by the ESAT (Establishment and Service of Help by Work) of Blain (France). It was essential for us to contribute to the fight against discrimination and exclusion of people with disabilities.